Heating Maintenance & Services
Lillie Family Heating is here for all of your heating needs. If you have an issue with your boiler or furnace, we have the trained staff to get you warm again.
Furnace and Boiler Warning Signs
Sometimes it’s really obvious when your furnace or boiler needs repairs. Other times you might not know when to call for service. Everything may seem fine, and be working “good enough”, but an underlying problem can be using excess energy or putting your family at risk. Even with regular maintenance, problems can arise.
We recommend you call us if you notice any of the following happening with your furnace or boiler:
• Unusual pilot light colour. This one indicates a big problem, like carbon monoxide. If it isn't blue, call us immediately at any time of day.
• Strange noises. Clunks, clicks, or anything new or out of the ordinary needs to be checked on.
• Inefficient, uneven, or no heating. If you used to be able to set the thermostat steady at a low temperature, but now it needs to be cranked up just to have a comfortable basement, there may be an issue with your heating system or thermostat that needs to be checked.
• Higher than normal bills. Has your heating bill skyrocketed? It could be a sign of trouble.
• Increased dust in the home. This can indicate a clogged air filter
• Any gas smells.
A properly running heating system will efficiently use energy, not pollute your home's air or not disturb your sleep with unusual noises.
The Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Regular maintenance is the best thing you can do to help protect against costly damage down the line.
We only send out licensed gas fitters to work on your boiler and furnace repairs or replacements. It doesn't make a difference if you have a high, mid, or standard efficiency appliance—we are able to work on it.
We come to your home with a service truck that is stocked with the most common parts required to get your heating system up and running as fast and safely as possible. All of our technicians are extensively trained, well beyond what is industry standard. We are constantly taking manufacturer’s courses and programs. We believe that no one can have too much technical training on heating equipment.
When you have a furnace in your home your filters need to be changed or washed every 3 months maximum.
Sometimes the best repairs and maintenance just isn’t enough. If you are thinking about an upgrade to your heating system, call to set up your free in-home consultation to make sure you get a properly sized appliance for your home.
If your heating system is ready for yearly maintenance, or needs repairs or replacement, call us 24/7 to book an appointment at 604-936-9599.