FortisBC and BC Hydro are offering, for a limited time, double rebates on select high-efficiency space heating equipment and tier 2 windows and doors through our Home Renovation Rebate Program. In addition, a $200 bonus for using a program registered contractor for insulation upgrades is available.
To access these double Fortis BC Rebates and the insulation bonus, customers must:
- Register for a promo code between October 1 and December 31, 2020.
- Have their upgrades installed and invoice dated between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- Submit their application within six months of the invoice date.
Details on the double rebates and a link for customers to register for a promo code will be available online October 1, 2020 at fortisbc.com/doublerebate, as well as on all applicable Home Renovation Rebate program webpages.
Double rebate details1
|Furnace||95 to 96.9% annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE)||Was $800 – now $1,600|
|Furnace||97 to 99% AFUE||Was $1,000 – now $2,000|
|Furnace manufacturer connected|
Note: ENERGY STAR® models don’t qualify for double rebates.
Was $150 – now $300
|Fireplace||EnerChoice® model||Was $300 – now $600|
|Boiler||94% AFUE and higher||Was $1,000 – now $2,000|
|Combination space and water heating system||ENERGY STAR® certified|| |
Was $1,200 – now $2,400 (plus $300 two- upgrade bonus)
|Combination space and water heating system||P9 certified tankless with air handler system|
|Windows and doors||Tier 2||Was $100 each – now $200|
|In addition, insulation2 upgrades completed by a program registered insulation contractor are eligible for a $200 bonus.|
1 Home renovation rebate program terms and conditions apply.
2 Must achieve a minimum $500 rebate. Other insulation type is not eligible towards the $200 bonus
How customers use their promo code
- Customers will be emailed a promo code after they’ve registered online between October 1 and December 31, 2020.
- Customers will only need one promo code even if are applying for multiple double rebates as the code is unique to their account.
- When applying for their rebate online via the applicable program webpage, customers enter their promo code in the “promo code” field in the application. Please note: double rebate amounts will not be reflected on the online application form, but will be applied once reviewed and approved.
- Customers can call 1-855-909-2329 or email email@example.com.
- Enhanced rebates will also be available for Income Qualified households. Visit fortisbc.com/incomequalified to learn more.
- BC Hydro offers are available at BC Hydro Home Renovation Rebate Program
Double the Rebate Quick Reference – Heat Pumps
Customers who currently heat their homes with electric baseboards, electric furnaces and install a heat pump:
Customers who currently heat their homes with natural gas, oil or propane and convert to a heat pump: